Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2-1/2 pounds), broken into florets
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and cauliflower in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- 2. Mash cauliflower to desired consistency. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, cream, butter and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and, if desired, parsley.
2/3 cup: 154 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 19, 2018This was a nice change from potatoes. I did find that the cauliflower needed to be cooked longer than the allotted time in the recipe.
Oct 17, 2018Loved this recipe!! What a great substitute for potatoes. Only thing I did differently was add a little garlic powder. So delicious!
May 1, 2018
This lacked flavor. So I added cheddar cheese and 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt. Hardly anyone at our fellowship ate it. The Parmesan stuck to a wooden spoon, making it difficult to wash. Had to soak it 24 hours & use a SOS pad.
Dec 29, 2017
Great substitute for mashed potatoes! Kids can never tell the difference.
Mar 21, 2017
Kids loved it too!
Jan 19, 2016
I can't wait to try this. Does anyone know if this can be frozen. I would like to put into single serving containers for future meals.
Nov 10, 2015
Tasty side dish!
Mar 24, 2015
A great way to perk up cauliflower! Serving it mashed makes it easy to add things. Next time, since our family likes thicker sauces. I might add flour to the butter and cream to make a roux to add the cheese to.
Mar 8, 2015
Delicious! I cut the recipe in 1/2. It was a new and tasty way to enjoy cauliflower.
Jan 31, 2015
Zorns makes mashed cauliflower to die for, this recipe is just like theirs-I've been looking for their recipe & this is it. I added extra parmesan to the cauliflower, salt & pepper on the top. Delicious. Easy & quick, we thought it was a great way to eat fresh cauliflower. Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow. i might add garlic to the next batch I make, it will be made again & again.