Cheddar Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3-3/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Stir in the sour cream, thyme, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 179 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Feb 10, 2017
This was wonderful. Not healthy by any means but so tasty. My whole family enjoyed this dish. Will be a favourite in our house! Thanks for an awesome recipe.
Jan 8, 2011
These potatoes were very tasty. Thinking about even replacing my unhealthy twice baked potatoes with this recipe!