Cheddar Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3-3/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Stir in the sour cream, thyme, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 179 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 10, 2017
This was wonderful. Not healthy by any means but so tasty. My whole family enjoyed this dish. Will be a favourite in our house! Thanks for an awesome recipe.
Jan 8, 2011
These potatoes were very tasty. Thinking about even replacing my unhealthy twice baked potatoes with this recipe!