Cheddar-Mushroom Stuffed Potatoes
To come up with this recipe, I just put together three of my family's favorite ingredients - potatoes, mushrooms and bacon. I prepare it as a quick-and-easy party dish. It's also a natural contribution to a potluck. And I serve it as an entree at times with a side vegetable. -Jenean Schuetz, Longmont, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 70 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min.
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shells aside. Place pulp in a bowl; add cream and mash. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, mushrooms, garlic salt, basil and oregano. Set aside 2 tablespoons bacon; stir the remaining bacon into potato mixture.
- Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese and bacon. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4-1/2 minutes or bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are heated through.