Cheddar and Chive Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add butter, sour cream, salt and pepper; beat until blended. Beat in whipping cream. Stir in cheeses and chives. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To serve, preheat oven to 350°. Remove potatoes from refrigerator while oven heats.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes, stirring after 30 minutes. Sprinkle with toppings; bake, uncovered, until heated through, about 15 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 474 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Jan 6, 2019
We cut the recipe in half, but followed all directions. This tastes great - not overwhelmingly onion-y at all.
Jan 5, 2019
This is delicious - i did cook the potatoes in the microwave and followed the directions from there - easy to put together and very good and i love that you make it the night before and then bake the next day