Cheddar and Chive Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add butter, sour cream, salt and pepper; beat until blended. Beat in whipping cream. Stir in cheeses and chives. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To serve, preheat oven to 350°. Remove potatoes from refrigerator while oven heats.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes, stirring after 30 minutes. Sprinkle with toppings; bake, uncovered, until heated through, about 15 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 474 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Jan 9, 2020
Loved the recipe! I did forget to start it the night before (so there was no overnight refrigeration), but it still turned out great! I will definitely make this one again!
Dec 28, 2019
Great recipe. Didn't use all the butter. 1/2 cup is plenty for our family. Everything else was as written. Family loved it!!
Nov 19, 2019
Has your hubby tried every mash in the world? Silly comment
Jan 6, 2019
We cut the recipe in half, but followed all directions. This tastes great - not overwhelmingly onion-y at all.
Jan 5, 2019
This is delicious - i did cook the potatoes in the microwave and followed the directions from there - easy to put together and very good and i love that you make it the night before and then bake the next day