Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese
The cheese and corn add a boost of flavor to mashed potatoes. For more convenience, purchase refrigerated mashed potatoes. Heat according to package directions; then add corn and cheese.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 to 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and warmed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Place potatoes in a bowl; mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper. Stir in corn and cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 270 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.