Parmesan-Baked Mashed Potatoes
Here’s a family favorite for Christmas Day dinner. Whether I’m serving a main course of ham or turkey, everyone wants a big scoop of Parmesan mashed potatoes alongside.—Rosemary Janz, Concord, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-3/4 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding sour cream, egg whites and butter. Stir in parsley, green onions, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Originally published as Baked Mashed Potatoes With Parmesan Crust in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.