Parmesan-Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 5 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 4 pounds)
- 3 medium red potatoes, cubed (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding butter, mayonnaise, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Stir in cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2012
My youngest is "anti-mashed potatos" and he ate three helpings of these. I didn't have any fresh rosemary so I used my dried but I put it in the mortar & pestle first to bring out the flavors. Will definitely make these again!
Nov 22, 2012
I made this for Thanksgiving, with half the amount of butter, and it was delicious. Instead of rosemary I used thyme, sage, & chives (whatever was still growing). Anyway, this recipe is a keeper!