Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds red potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Combine the first five ingredients. Layer a third of the potatoes and 2/3 cup cheese mixture in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes; pour cream over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 65 minutes. Increase temperature to 375°. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 378 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Feb 9, 2014
This is a great side dish for the holidays. It goes great with ham. It is very rich and you can definitely taste the lemon. We all loved it at our house but this dish may not appeal to everyone.
May 17, 2012
First bite was delicious, but it was so rich I couldn't eat much.
May 7, 2012
Throw away dish...creme curled..just not a good recipe..
Apr 29, 2012
I took this new recipe to my friend's home for a family dinner. It received a 5 star rating. Everyone had two helpings.
Apr 21, 2012
My family loved these potatoes!! I made a double batch for Easter and they were a big hit. I divided the cream and poured some on each layer. Can't wait to make them again! I will add a little bit of garlic powder the next time.
Apr 10, 2012
I made a double batch to take to an Easter Potluck... not a drop left. Very easy to make and will certainly do it again
Apr 10, 2012
The flavor was good. Next time I would mix everything together so the cheese is blended with the potatoes instead of just in the layers.
Apr 9, 2012
Too much parmesan cheese. Made these for Easter dinner and no one cared for them. Very grainy in texture and overwhelmed with the taste of thyme.
Apr 9, 2012
Too much parmesan cheese, was very grainy and bland. I made the for Easter dinner and they didnt go over well with my dinner guests.
Apr 2, 2012
Too much lemon peel!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.