Au Gratin Potato Casserole
I've been making this casserole for a few years now. It's rich, creamy and comforting.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups sliced peeled potatoes (1/4-inch slices)
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons french-fried onions
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 12 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Drain. In a bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in cheese and pepper.
- In a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish, layer half of potatoes and half of soup mixture. Repeat layer. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and onions are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 270 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Au Gratin Potato Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.