Au Gratin Potato Casserole
I've been making this casserole for a few years now. It's rich, creamy and comforting.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups sliced peeled potatoes (1/4-inch slices)
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons french-fried onions
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 12 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Drain. In a bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in cheese and pepper.
- In a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish, layer half of potatoes and half of soup mixture. Repeat layer. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and onions are golden brown.