Cauliflower Au Gratin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 4 ounces cooked ham, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat broiler. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add ham and garlic; saute for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower, and cook just until crisp-tender. Combine cream and flour; stir into skillet, and blend well. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil until lightly browned, 2-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 351 calories, 32g fat (20g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Nov 29, 2019
Made this for Thanksgiving minus the ham, and used Gruyere cheese. Broke the cauliflower smaller, and sauteed a little more tender. It was the BOMB! Nothing left. Definitely going to be a holiday staple.
Jan 6, 2019
Love this as a side dish (I don't add ham ). Have been making it for years - both my kids asked for recipe when they got married!
Dec 23, 2011
I make this for special holidays. It's something my family looks forward to.
Dec 21, 2009
This was awesome! I used bacon instead of ham because we were having ham with dinner but it was still SOOO good!!!