Cauliflower Au Gratin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 4 ounces cooked ham, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat broiler. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add ham and garlic; saute for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower, and cook just until crisp-tender. Combine cream and flour; stir into skillet, and blend well. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil until lightly browned, 2-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 351 calories, 32g fat (20g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Jan 6, 2019
Love this as a side dish (I don't add ham ). Have been making it for years - both my kids asked for recipe when they got married!
Dec 23, 2011
I make this for special holidays. It's something my family looks forward to.
Dec 21, 2009
This was awesome! I used bacon instead of ham because we were having ham with dinner but it was still SOOO good!!!