Au Gratin Garlic Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around side of saucepan. Remove from the heat. Add the soup, cream cheese, garlic, nutmeg and pepper; stir until smooth.
- Place the potatoes and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour the milk mixture over the potato mixture; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 206 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2013
Bland. Funny texture. I've got better potato recipes. I won't be using this one again. Had to throw the whole thing out.
Jan 4, 2010
This is an awesome recipe! I love the ease of it, and the ability to keep the oven free. I definatly would make this again. My only thing I have done differently is A) more pepper B) microplaned the garlic and C) to speed up cooking time I have boiled the potatoes a few minutes to get the cooking process started.
Nov 17, 2009
I added ham to the layers for a main dish. Turned out a little dry, so the next time, I'll increase the milk to 1 cup.
Feb 20, 2009
This was very bland. Really needs to be spiced up.
Dec 25, 2008
I was not at all impressed with this. I followed recipe as written - bland city! Thank goodness, I had some shredded cheddar cheese on hand - it saved the day.