Rosemary Au Gratin Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 220 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
May 13, 2019
I have had it before could you please tell me how to make half of it I don't want to make 10 servings of it
Nov 25, 2018
I doctored this bland recipe. first, I never peel my potatoes. The peel adds flavor and fiber. I added 1 medium diced onion, 4 minced fresh garlic cloves, more pepper, 2 cups buttermilk instead of half
Dec 13, 2015
Very good recipe. A nice change up to the traditional au gratin potatoes.
Jan 2, 2014
I served this at Christmastime and no one was impressed. I brought most of it home and am using it in soup!!!
Dec 12, 2013
I would give this recipe 4 1/2 stars if I could. Very tasty but needs a slight umph. Maybe a little heavier on the spices next time or a very mild white cheese, gouda perhaps?
Mar 14, 2013
Have made this many times for holidays and company, and sometimes just because it is so very good. Everyone loves it and it turns out perfect every single time.
Feb 27, 2013
First time my gratin turned out creamy and flavoful. Have never done it before with a white sauce base but it worked out amazingly well. The rosemary and garlic were perfect compliments to this dish. This will forever be my go-to gratin recipe
Apr 16, 2012
This was amazing! Made it for company and served it with pork roast and it was delicious. Not too goopy creamy like some scalloped potatoes. Delish. The rosemary wasn't overwhelming, just really a nice flavour overall. I must say that I added more salt, pepper and garlic !
Nov 15, 2009
I have made this recipe several times and it is incredibly delicious. I usually change the half-and-half cream to regular milk and you can not tell the difference. It does take quite a bit longer than 45 minutes to cook....usually about 20-30 minutes longer.
Mar 4, 2009
These potatoes taste luxurious! Even the kids request that I make them again. I left the peels on the potatoes to save time and I think it's just as good.