Rosemary Potatoes with Caramelized Onions
Roasted potatoes are amazing. Add some rosemary and caramelized onions and they are over-the-top delicious! —Mary Jones, Athens, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- CARAMELIZED ONIONS:
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in oil until softened. Stir in sugar. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 30-40 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar.
- Transfer roasted potatoes to a large bowl; stir in caramelized onions.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 215 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 4g protein.
Originally published as Rosemary Roasted Potatoes with Caramelized Onions in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.