Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Butter
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh thyme, optional
- Cut Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes into 1/8-in. slices; toss with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide between two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Roast at 425° for 17-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme; cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer roasted potatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheeses and, if desired, additional thyme; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 238 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 10, 2018
Love this!! One of the few ways I will eat sweet potatoes!
Nov 11, 2016
My search for a roasted potato recipe came up with this one. Very nice served with salmon loaf. I only used russet potatoes and did it on the stovetop and it turned out great.
Aug 30, 2014
These were AMAZING! So much flavour and nice to have something a little bit different than your cubed roasted potatoes. I did cook them for 30 minutes and they needed it, and they were cut 1/8 inch thick. Maybe it was just my oven though.
Jan 17, 2014
I served this for Christmas dinner and it was a big hit. I've also made it a few times when I didn't have sweet potatoes, and it's good that way too.
Nov 8, 2013
I halved the recipe for an easy weeknight side dish to grilled chicken and salad. This was sooo delicious!
Apr 20, 2013
I increased the spices a bit, substituted olive oil for the canola oil and it was delish! I loved it!! A keeper for sure (and very easy!)
Mar 17, 2013
made in a pan on the stove and was really good
Jan 29, 2013
scrumptious! robust flavor; pairs good with salmon...
Jan 28, 2013
I cut the recipe down since it was only two of us. I melted the butter in the microwave and added the garlic and thyme (without cooking it). My husband is not a fan of thyme so next time I will omit. I just sprinkled the Parmesan cheese on top and omitted the cheddar. It's a keeper!
Jan 25, 2013
Made with 1/4 tsp of dried thyme since my husband is not a fan of thyme and russet potatoes instead of Yukon Gold because we had them on hand. This was fabulous and I could have eaten it for dessert instead of the carrot cake I made! Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.