Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Butter
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh thyme, optional
- Cut Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes into 1/8-in. slices; toss with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide between two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Roast at 425° for 17-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme; cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer roasted potatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheeses and, if desired, additional thyme; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 238 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2018
Love this!! One of the few ways I will eat sweet potatoes!
Nov 11, 2016
My search for a roasted potato recipe came up with this one. Very nice served with salmon loaf. I only used russet potatoes and did it on the stovetop and it turned out great.
Aug 30, 2014
These were AMAZING! So much flavour and nice to have something a little bit different than your cubed roasted potatoes. I did cook them for 30 minutes and they needed it, and they were cut 1/8 inch thick. Maybe it was just my oven though.
Jan 17, 2014
I served this for Christmas dinner and it was a big hit. I've also made it a few times when I didn't have sweet potatoes, and it's good that way too.
Nov 8, 2013
I halved the recipe for an easy weeknight side dish to grilled chicken and salad. This was sooo delicious!
Apr 20, 2013
I increased the spices a bit, substituted olive oil for the canola oil and it was delish! I loved it!! A keeper for sure (and very easy!)
Mar 17, 2013
made in a pan on the stove and was really good
Jan 29, 2013
scrumptious! robust flavor; pairs good with salmon...
Jan 28, 2013
I cut the recipe down since it was only two of us. I melted the butter in the microwave and added the garlic and thyme (without cooking it). My husband is not a fan of thyme so next time I will omit. I just sprinkled the Parmesan cheese on top and omitted the cheddar. It's a keeper!
Jan 25, 2013
Made with 1/4 tsp of dried thyme since my husband is not a fan of thyme and russet potatoes instead of Yukon Gold because we had them on hand. This was fabulous and I could have eaten it for dessert instead of the carrot cake I made! Yum!