Cheddar & Spinach Twice-Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 20 min.
- 6 large baking potatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake 60-70 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. In a large bowl, mash pulp with milk and butter, adding spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, onion, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into potato shells; return to baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato half: 261 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 2, 2016
Delicious! It's a great side dish. I cooked three potatoes and added dehydrated scallions along with the spinach instead of onion. Topped with a light sprinkling of paprika for appealing color. Will definitely make these again.
Jan 14, 2016
This was super easy. My quick tune ups were:- Use a can of diced tomato with green chilies, drain the juice off.- When cutting the potatoes cut them across the middle, scoop out with ice cream scoop, and do the final bake in a muffin tray...way less mess that way and easier to work with.I also found you can freeze these and then microwave them for snacks for the kids...works like a champ!!
Jan 13, 2016
The potatoes are excellent, i enjoyed them topped with a drizzle of ranch dressing .