Rosemary-Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Yum! You’ll never want plain mashed potatoes again after mixing in garlic, sour cream and rosemary. They don't even need gravy. —Marlena Reed, West Jordan, Utah
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 pounds medium potatoes, quartered
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup whole milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Place the potatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter and milk until butter is melted. Drain potato mixture; add the butter mixture, sour cream, dried rosemary, pepper and remaining salt. Beat until mashed. Transfer to a large bowl. Garnish with fresh rosemary.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 281 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Garlic Rosemary mashed potatoes in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.