Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, rosemary and garlic; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast at 400° for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Drizzle asparagus with remaining oil; add to the pan. Roast 15-20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 175 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 4, 2017
So much flavor from such simple ingredients. I cut up the asparagus and did the same with the plain old white potatoes. I cut the potatoes into smaller pieces and gave them a jump start of baking. I gave them about 15 minutes. Then added the cut up asparagus and at that time I added some minced garlic. The aroma from the Rosemary was wonderful and so was the taste. Perfect side for our grilled Salmon.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor. I highly endorse this recipe for both taste and ease of preparation. Presentation is nice too *
Feb 6, 2017
Salt is not even close to being right.. and cooking times for each state is a total fail.. I corrected them and its delicious but this isnt a well written recipe.
Sep 7, 2016
This is a great way to get 2 veggies done on one pan! I made the recipe as written with the exception of adding more salt, including to the mixture before baking it. I usually only cook asparagus for 10 or so minutes at 400, not 15-20, so my asparagus was perfectly cooked. Attractive presentation and great mixtures of colors and flavors!
Jun 22, 2015
Simply wonderful ! My family loved it. Great way to spruce up asparagus and it is a perfect accompaniment to roasted salmon or a steak. Thank you!
Jun 10, 2015
Super Yummy. Needed a little more salt but otherwise this recipe is a keeper!
May 17, 2015
Delish. made as stated!!
May 6, 2014
Needed a little bit more salt, but other than that it was really tasty.
Mar 25, 2014
I cooked the asparagus too long, but I left it in the oven while I finished our entree. Otherwise, we loved it!
May 24, 2012
My asparagus turned out way over done. I'd like to try again, but will lessen the time. Didn't have the fingerling potatoes, but used cut-up white potatoes and was fine.
May 8, 2012
Fairly standard. Tasty but nothing that "wow"ed me. makes a good side dish staple.