Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, rosemary and garlic; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast at 400° for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Drizzle asparagus with remaining oil; add to the pan. Roast 15-20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 175 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Mar 30, 2020
I have two large rosemary bushes so am always looking for ways to use it. This recipe is tasty and so easy. My husband loved it. I will try it next time using green beans.
Jun 5, 2019
Used fresh green beans as I didn't have asparagus and cooked together with the potatoes. Really good and easy.
Feb 16, 2019
Really good. I used parchment paper so the mess was minimal and I cooked the asparagus about 12 minutes. I also used baby potatoes - white, red and purple.
Apr 4, 2017
So much flavor from such simple ingredients. I cut up the asparagus and did the same with the plain old white potatoes. I cut the potatoes into smaller pieces and gave them a jump start of baking. I gave them about 15 minutes. Then added the cut up asparagus and at that time I added some minced garlic. The aroma from the Rosemary was wonderful and so was the taste. Perfect side for our grilled Salmon.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor. I highly endorse this recipe for both taste and ease of preparation. Presentation is nice too *
Feb 6, 2017
Salt is not even close to being right.. and cooking times for each state is a total fail.. I corrected them and its delicious but this isnt a well written recipe.
Sep 7, 2016
This is a great way to get 2 veggies done on one pan! I made the recipe as written with the exception of adding more salt, including to the mixture before baking it. I usually only cook asparagus for 10 or so minutes at 400, not 15-20, so my asparagus was perfectly cooked. Attractive presentation and great mixtures of colors and flavors!
Jun 22, 2015
Simply wonderful ! My family loved it. Great way to spruce up asparagus and it is a perfect accompaniment to roasted salmon or a steak. Thank you!
Jun 10, 2015
Super Yummy. Needed a little more salt but otherwise this recipe is a keeper!
May 17, 2015
Delish. made as stated!!
May 6, 2014
Needed a little bit more salt, but other than that it was really tasty.