Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion and garlic; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, creole seasoning, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 157 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Feb 15, 2017
These potatoes were amazing! I was on a bit of a tight schedule, so I gave the potatoes a head start in the microwave and finished them in the oven. I will definitely be making them again!
Sep 23, 2016
Wonderful! Crisp on the outside and soft in the cener - perfect!
May 17, 2016
I love this recipe. I'm not a sweet potato fan but I'll eat them this way! It was very good and easy to make.
Nov 16, 2012
This is a great recipe, and tastes good reheated as well. I skip the Creole seasoning and sprinkle in a little thyme instead.
Aug 17, 2012
Wonderful recipe - i've made it at least three times, and making it again this weekend!
May 28, 2011
I didn't really care for these, but my brother did. It had a very different flavor to it. I like how it was simple to make though.
Jun 7, 2010
YUM! I especially like the sweet potatoes. For kicks, the second time I made these, I tossed in some carrot and turnip. Not a big fan of turnips, but it was ok and the carrots were good.
Feb 22, 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.