Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion and garlic; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, creole seasoning, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 157 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 15, 2017
These potatoes were amazing! I was on a bit of a tight schedule, so I gave the potatoes a head start in the microwave and finished them in the oven. I will definitely be making them again!
Sep 23, 2016
Wonderful! Crisp on the outside and soft in the cener - perfect!
May 17, 2016
I love this recipe. I'm not a sweet potato fan but I'll eat them this way! It was very good and easy to make.
Nov 16, 2012
This is a great recipe, and tastes good reheated as well. I skip the Creole seasoning and sprinkle in a little thyme instead.
Aug 17, 2012
Wonderful recipe - i've made it at least three times, and making it again this weekend!
May 28, 2011
I didn't really care for these, but my brother did. It had a very different flavor to it. I like how it was simple to make though.
Jun 7, 2010
YUM! I especially like the sweet potatoes. For kicks, the second time I made these, I tossed in some carrot and turnip. Not a big fan of turnips, but it was ok and the carrots were good.
Feb 22, 2010