Herbed Garlic Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 15 small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut in half
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the parsley, chives, tarragon and garlic; cook and stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the potatoes, bacon, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 145 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 22, 2017
These are excellent! I made a few changes to the recipe, but nothing that drastically changed it. I omitted the bacon, used much less butter since I only made enough for 2 servings, and used Penzeys granulated garlic, granulated onion, dried parsley, dried tarragon, and kosher salt, all to taste, to season them. We're not crazy about tarragon, so I just crushed up a little before adding it to the skillet. Since I didn't use fresh herbs, I cooked the potatoes a few minutes in the melted butter before seasoning them instead of cooking the spices in butter first, then cooked everything all together for another few minutes before serving. They were a great side to our prime rib dinner and I will definitely make them again.
Jul 17, 2017
This is an excellent, quick side with lots of flavor, though I don't make it with bacon.
Mar 27, 2016
We have made this on multiple occasions and followed the recipe exactly. Delicious and a perfect side for any occasion.
Jan 21, 2016
I omitted the bacon and will try to fry the potatoes longer to make them a tad crunchier. Everyone loved them. No leftovers.
Apr 10, 2011
These were good, but a bit too buttery.
Jul 26, 2010
I was too lazy to go back in the garden to get more parsley and it was still good! I used about 1 tablespoon and I added some fresh basil. I didn't have any of the other spices on hand and it still tasted Great!
Dec 31, 2009
I've made this recipe twice now. Once with bacon and once without. I think I will leave the bacon out. Bacon overpowered the other flavors. Will make it again.