Herbed Garlic Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 15 small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut in half
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the parsley, chives, tarragon and garlic; cook and stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the potatoes, bacon, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 145 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 22, 2017
These are excellent! I made a few changes to the recipe, but nothing that drastically changed it. I omitted the bacon, used much less butter since I only made enough for 2 servings, and used Penzeys granulated garlic, granulated onion, dried parsley, dried tarragon, and kosher salt, all to taste, to season them. We're not crazy about tarragon, so I just crushed up a little before adding it to the skillet. Since I didn't use fresh herbs, I cooked the potatoes a few minutes in the melted butter before seasoning them instead of cooking the spices in butter first, then cooked everything all together for another few minutes before serving. They were a great side to our prime rib dinner and I will definitely make them again.
Jul 17, 2017
This is an excellent, quick side with lots of flavor, though I don't make it with bacon.
Mar 27, 2016
We have made this on multiple occasions and followed the recipe exactly. Delicious and a perfect side for any occasion.
Jan 21, 2016
I omitted the bacon and will try to fry the potatoes longer to make them a tad crunchier. Everyone loved them. No leftovers.
Apr 10, 2011
These were good, but a bit too buttery.
Jul 26, 2010
I was too lazy to go back in the garden to get more parsley and it was still good! I used about 1 tablespoon and I added some fresh basil. I didn't have any of the other spices on hand and it still tasted Great!
Dec 31, 2009
I've made this recipe twice now. Once with bacon and once without. I think I will leave the bacon out. Bacon overpowered the other flavors. Will make it again.