Herbed Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cubed (about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup cubed reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Add cheese, onion, pickle and peppers to potatoes. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Top with chopped egg.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 142 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 1, 2013
Even the picky one loved it!!
Feb 9, 2012
This is extra yummy goodness! Definitely a "comfort food." It makes so much, it would be great to take to a potluck or a summer barbecue. I didn't have fresh herbs, so I used 1 tsp each of dried herbs instead. It was really good!
Aug 18, 2010
very tasty, would omit jalapeno next time just a personal taste.
Aug 29, 2009
Delicious. I substituted plain yogurt for some of the mayo to lighten it up a bit. The fresh herbs really kick up the flavor!