Herbed Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cubed (about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup cubed reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Add cheese, onion, pickle and peppers to potatoes. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Top with chopped egg.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 142 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Oct 1, 2013
Even the picky one loved it!!
Feb 9, 2012
This is extra yummy goodness! Definitely a "comfort food." It makes so much, it would be great to take to a potluck or a summer barbecue. I didn't have fresh herbs, so I used 1 tsp each of dried herbs instead. It was really good!
Aug 18, 2010
very tasty, would omit jalapeno next time just a personal taste.
Aug 29, 2009
Delicious. I substituted plain yogurt for some of the mayo to lighten it up a bit. The fresh herbs really kick up the flavor!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.