Herbed Garlic Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Slice bread, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. In a small bowl, cream butter. Add the Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, oregano and garlic salt; mix well. Spread between slices. Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 212 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 29, 2017
I loved the flavors in this recipe! The fresh parsley and garlic made this buttery herbed bread so tasty!
Jan 17, 2015
It was OK. I think either the bread was too thick or I needed more butter. The bread below the surface was dry.
Jun 20, 2014
I left out the fresh parsley, but it was still very good.
Mar 10, 2014
Very easy to fix and a great flavor! A whole lot cheaper than buying from the store too! Plus it tastes so much better! I make this probably every 2-3 weeks in my house.
Oct 28, 2012
Excellent! Didn't use Garlic Cloves - used dried garlic and the dried garlic salt and adjusted to our family taste buds. Also put excess butter mix on top to let is further soak into the break. Big hit at the dinner party and weill make again.
Feb 23, 2012
Aug 13, 2011
Have made this twice now, and the family loved it. The only change I made was to spread what was left of the butter over the top of the bread and sprinkle it with a little more parmesan before wrapping and baking. Definitely a great recipe! Sparmesan before
Dec 2, 2010
Amazing! Followed the recipe exactly and it turned out wonderfully. We didn't think it was too much garlic, but we didn't have any kids in our bunch. I could see where kids might think it was too much.
Jun 13, 2010
I'll definitely make this again, but I'll cut way back on the amount of garlic. According to my 11-year-old daughter four cloves is too much!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.