Oregano Garlic Bread
"When making spaghetti one night, I created this recipe to use up left over sub rolls," says Laura Winemiller of Delta, Pennsylvania. "It's simple to increase when you're having guests for dinner."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 submarine bun (about 6 inches) , halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings; spread over cut sides of bun. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until toasted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 271 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Oregano Garlic Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.