Herb-Happy Garlic Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 French bread baguette
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients until blended. Cut baguette crosswise in half; cut each piece lengthwise in half. Spread cut sides with butter mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° until lightly toasted, 7-9 minutes. Sprinkle with goat cheese; bake until goat cheese is softened, 1-2 minutes longer. Cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 169 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 2, 2019
This was excellent. I used freshly grated parmasean instead of the goat cheese. Great with more or less garlic. Janet. VFE
May 13, 2016
This is excellent ! I have made this twice for family and friends and it was loved by everyone. when I am short on time I mix the butter a day in advance to make dinner time just a little faster!
Nov 30, 2012
This is great....I usualy dont use the goat cheese and I add alittle extra garlic :-)
Jul 22, 2012
I was leery of this recipe...I wasn't sure how the goat cheese would blend with the other flavors. Oh my goodness!!! This was so good!! I made half without the goat cheese and half with...my whole family preferred the half with goat cheese. But without...it was still really good! I will definitely make this again!