Herbed Parmesan Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 3-3/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1 cup cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 207 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 5, 2016
I don't like to give bad reviews but I felt I needed to on this one. I followed the recipe to a tee and used an 8x4 loaf pan. As I was mixing the dough I knew instinctively the pan was too small but I went ahead and used it anyway. It spilled over the sides of the pan as I feared it would. Then I couldn't remove it from the pan without breaking it so I left it in the pan. After about 2 slices there was a huge hole in the middle of the loaf! And raw dough! The consistency was like cake, not bread. I did like the flavor though. Sorry! I realize people work hard on these recipes.