Herb Bubble Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried thyme, basil and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine cheese and seasonings. In another bowl, combine butter and garlic; set aside.
- Divide dough into 16 pieces. Roll into balls. Coat balls in butter mixture, then dip in cheese mixture. Place in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until golden brown. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 110 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 6, 2018
Followed recipe exactly. Perfect! I disagree with others about doubling the herbs. The amount of herbs called for gave the bread a subtle savoriness. Anything more would have been overpowering.
Jan 28, 2018
Made this good today, was ok. I suggest doubling the spice and cheese mix. Before I made it, I was planning on serving with a chicken dinner. Now that dinner is over, I think this would be better as an appetizer with marinara sauce. I do like it.
Dec 13, 2013
I love this bread! I had to make another batch of the cheese mixture because I ran out halfway through coating the dough balls. I used fresh grated parmesan, fresh garlic, and about 1/2 tsp. of fresh rosemary, minced very finely, in the mixture with the other herbs. I didn't have any problem with the garlic burning, as another person did. Maybe it matters what type of pan you use? I used a glass pan. I wonder how it would turn out if I made more, smaller dough balls and used a tube pan? I'll try that next time. Super yummy, even cold.
Dec 14, 2012
Excellent excellent excellent rating from any and everyone whose tried it when I've made it. Always a very welcome addition to any meal
Sep 6, 2012
Very good. Even my finicky nephews kept sneaking back to get more. I would rate 5 stars but my stars are missing.....
Oct 10, 2011
VERY flavourful, we loved it!! It calls for more of the cheese/herb mix then actually required, too much can be over powering so I cut it down a bit.
Apr 25, 2011
This is really good bread. I have never used frozen bread dough before, and since I don't bake, I was a little nervous about it. But it was really easy and turned out great. You can easily change the herbs to suit your tastes. This made a wonderful bread dish for my Easter dinner. I'll definitely be making it again.
Apr 20, 2011
I have made this recipe at least 4 times in the six months. It's already a family favorite. I even shared it on my food blog. Check it out at jonesin4taste.blogspot.com.
Mar 7, 2011
So good and easy!
Nov 27, 2010
Delicious, quick and fun to eat. We substituted the frozen dough with our favorite white bread dough from scratch!