- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in the sugar, butter, parsley, basil, salt, oregano, thyme, garlic powder and 1 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-6 minutes. Place in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into loaf. Place in a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
1 slice: 103 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate, 1g fiber), 2g protein.