Parmesan Herb Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes1 loaf (8 servings)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, sugar, onion, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the sour cream, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1 minute. Shape into a round loaf; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. With kitchen scissors, cut a 1/4-in.-deep cross in top of loaf. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 128 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 26, 2018
This bread was excellent! I do not write many reviews even though I have been a TOH person since it started! I made this bread using fat free sour cream cause that was on hand , but other than that I made it exactly as written. I made this to go with the Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup I found on here an a salad an boy was it GREAT! Thanks Dianne!
Nov 22, 2011
WOW this is an awesome recipe. It's probably the best bread for dipping in olive oil and Italian herbs that I've ever had. And it was super easy to make. I'd give it more than five stars if I could. It does make a small loaf, as noted.
Oct 10, 2010
I love this bread, it is so simple and absolutely delicious! My boyfriend requests it every time we have pasta.
Feb 17, 2010
The best quick bread ever! I lost this recipe and just found it again! It is great as a side to any home made soup! Superb!
Apr 28, 2009
This bread was really great I really enjoyed it. I am glad to get this recipe because you could use this as a basic recipe and use different seasonings.
Apr 4, 2009
This loaf was very easy to make and very delicious. My family just loved it. One loaf is not enough for 4 people, need to make 2 loaves.
Mar 12, 2009
This loaf is so easy. We absolutely loved the flavors. Just one comment though, this loaf is fairly small so if your husbands a big eater like mine consider this 2 or 3 servings not 4.