Parmesan Zucchini Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, sugar and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and onion.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 156 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 25, 2019
I love seeing new recipes but just one complaint. Since I have kidney disease I need to keep track on potassium and would like to have the amount in the nutrition list. Now I realize this particular recipe doesn’t have tomatoes in it but but the count is very important to me. Lots of zucchini recipes have tomatoes in them and I need to keep track. Thanks for understanding.
Jul 11, 2019
My family loved this bread! Great way to use the extra Zucchini without all the sugar in other recipes.
Oct 16, 2018
The first thing that strikes you is the appearance. It looks crusty and delicious - an impressive addition to a dinner with guests! But it is also moist, has great texture and is easy to make.
Jun 20, 2018
Delicious and great texture!
Jul 6, 2012
Made this last fall for the first time. Really nice and easy to make, tastes great warm with butter and slices of cheddar cheese on it!
Jun 24, 2012
My picky husband loves this bread.
Oct 9, 2011
I added 2 cloves of garlic
Sep 12, 2011
Very good with dinner when's it fresh out of the oven (cooled slightly). I've made it many times and my family enjoys left over bread with honey for breakfast.
Mar 30, 2011
The texture of the bread was nice and the bread had a simple flavor which was pleasant. I was looking for a more parmesan taste, though so I think next time I'll increase the cheese to a 1/4 cup. Overall, a good recipe.
Oct 3, 2010