Parmesan Zucchini Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, sugar and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and onion.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 156 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 20, 2018
Delicious and great texture!
Jul 6, 2012
Made this last fall for the first time. Really nice and easy to make, tastes great warm with butter and slices of cheddar cheese on it!
Jun 24, 2012
My picky husband loves this bread.
Oct 9, 2011
I added 2 cloves of garlic
Sep 12, 2011
Very good with dinner when's it fresh out of the oven (cooled slightly). I've made it many times and my family enjoys left over bread with honey for breakfast.
Mar 30, 2011
The texture of the bread was nice and the bread had a simple flavor which was pleasant. I was looking for a more parmesan taste, though so I think next time I'll increase the cheese to a 1/4 cup. Overall, a good recipe.
Oct 3, 2010
Sep 7, 2010
Reminds me of beer bread in texture and taste.
Jul 27, 2010
I used summer squash and also sprinkled extra parm cheese over the top before baking. After it came out of the oven, I brushed the top with some melted butter. Excellent bread!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.