Baked Parmesan Breaded Squash
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow summer squash (3 medium)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place squash in a large bowl. Add oil and seasonings; toss to coat.
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip squash in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through baking.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 137 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 27, 2019
This recipe was very good, my husband even liked it and he isn’t fond of squash.
Dec 29, 2016
A delicious healthy alternative to fried squash!
Sep 14, 2015
This was easy and came out great. It would also be good made with pattypan (flying saucer) squash. It would probably be less crisp with zucchini.I made about 1/2 pound of squash, which made 2 generous side-dish servings, and then I used the leftover panko and parmesan mixture to coat some pork chops, which I baked at the same time.
Oct 10, 2014
Simple and very tasty. I also tried the same method with zucchini and green tomatoes with good results. I used some seasoned Panko bread crumbs the second time and omitted the parmesan. It was really good.
Jun 6, 2014
Easy recipe for summertime meals.
May 16, 2014
I've been looking for something different to do with squash. This was yummy and very easy to prepare.
Jan 30, 2014
Very good and easy enough for a weeknight dinner to boot.