Parmesan Butternut Squash
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place squash and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high 15-17 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Preheat broiler. Transfer squash to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Toss bread crumbs with cheese, salt and pepper; sprinkle over squash. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 112 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
May 17, 2018
I loved it. Cut bread crumbs in half. Will make again
Jan 13, 2018
My family did not enjoy this squash dish. It was simple to make, but not something they enjoyed.
Mar 28, 2016
Simple and delicious. Made this as part of Easter dinner and it got rave reviews.
Nov 20, 2015
Excellent. Roasted squash for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. Added topping and broiled.
Mar 24, 2015
I've never put anything but butter or maple syrup on my squash before. This was a nice change! We used regular breadcrumbs in place of the panko, and it turned out fine.
Mar 1, 2015
Loved it! So simple and delish! There was way more topping than needed though, so we threw the extra on some egg noodles to go with it!
Dec 14, 2014
This dish is a wonderful way to fix Butternut Squash. The flavor and texture are outstanding. Because it uses the microwave to cook the squash, it is also quick to make. Delicious!