Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 small broccoli crowns (about 8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut broccoli crowns into quarters from top to bottom. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Place in a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Roast until crisp-tender, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with garlic; roast 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; roast until cheese is melted and stalks of broccoli are tender, 2-4 minutes more. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
Nutrition Facts2 broccoli pieces: 144 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Apr 1, 2018
I made with a bag of cauluflower and broccoli. Great flavor, nice side dish!
Feb 18, 2018
I made this dish without the lemon zest because I didn't have any at the time and it was still delicious! The broccoli did start to burn a bit by the end, but I needed to keep it in because it wasn't tender yet. Next time I'll lower the oven temp and see if that helps. I ommited the red pepper flakes because I'm not a fan of "spicy foods". Also, I used minced garlic instead of slivered, seemed to work out fine. I'm looking forward to trying this again WITH the zest!
Feb 11, 2018
I roast broccoli all of the time but this was the first time for lemon zest included. While I may not do this all of the time, I will definitely try to remember.
Jan 30, 2018
We eat broccoli often in our house, and love it. I usually steam it and then sprinkle it with butter and parmesan, but now we like it better roasted. The lemon zest and garlic add a nice touch. Super easy side dish and delicious.This is definitely something I will make again!Volunteer Field Editor
Dec 28, 2017
So, so good! Layer upon layer of my favorite flavors.
Apr 16, 2017
This was a good change of pace for broccoli. I would serve it to company.
Feb 20, 2017
I made this side for a work potluck and everyone loved it and I had three requests for the recipe. It may have been my oven but I found that I needed to add a couple minutes of bake time at each step. The red pepper adds a little kick that is nice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.