Parmesan Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy. Freeze option: Cool pork and gravy. Freeze sliced pork and gravy in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 330 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 38g protein.
Jan 11, 2018
We didn't care for the flavor of the sauce. We would not make this again.
Oct 15, 2017
This was better than I expected! Nice and moist and flavorful! After reading all the comments, I did add 1/2 c. of water to the pot when I put in the sauce mix. This is also one of those recipes where you can't hurry it up by putting it on high instead of low. A definite keeper!
Jan 2, 2017
Excellent meal, for those of you saying that its too dry, the answer is quite simple - you are over cooking it.
Apr 21, 2016
Hard to understand the bad reviews. We found it to be mouth-wateringly delicious. I did add extra water for more gravy. Scrumptious.
Dec 6, 2015
Delish! Followed recipe exactly, using a 2 pound roast for just the 2. Served with red mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Anyone that says it was dried out apparently doesnt have a clue about cooking, stove top or crock pot.
Aug 13, 2015
I had the same experience as GirlNole3 with broth that was black as tar, and if she used a 5-quart crock pot like I did, maybe that's the reason. However, I gave it one star because of the odd combination of ingredients ... soy sauce and honey and parmesan and basil?? It smelled good, but it was just too sweet for us. My pork was nice and tender, but I made a quick country gravy for it.
Mar 1, 2015
What a flavorful, tender, juicy roast. Loved the subtle flavor from the sauce it cooked in - I did use only half the called for amount of basil as I was afraid the called for amount would be just too much for our tastes. I also left out the salt, as the soy sauce has more than enough. After having several pork roasts dry out in the slow cooker, I was so pleased with how this one turned out.
Feb 20, 2015
This dish is not even making it to the table. And not in a good way. I followed the recipe to a T. The outer crust was awful. I would have cut it off and just served the plain pork, but the pork was completely dry. The gravy came out like tar. Look and smell. Putrid. I will NEVER make this again.
Jan 12, 2015
Smelled wonderful, pork was fork tender. I did feel it was missing "something"--hubby added a bit more salt and he thought that "fixed" it--I'm not sure. I did not make the gravy but just served the sauce over the rice I made to go with it.
Oct 10, 2014
I made this for dinner tonight . Very easy to put togeather. It had an excellent taste and was tender. I have never been able to make gravy and unfortunately I still can't. I followed the directions but my gravy never thickened. Any suggestions ? I still rated this s five because I'm sure the gravy was something I did wrong all in all an excellent meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.