- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy.
Freeze option: Cool pork and gravy. Freeze sliced pork and gravy in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
5 ounce-weight: 330 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 38g protein.