Cranberry Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt to taste
- Place pork roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mash cranberry sauce; stir in the sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and keep warm. Skim fat from juices. Pour into a 2-cup measuring cup; add water if necessary to measure 2 cups. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt. Serve with sliced pork.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 429 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Jun 16, 2015
This is absolutely the best Thanksgiving pork roast ever! Perfect for the holidays!
Feb 2, 2014
excellant !!!!!!! Everyone I have served it to loves it. The gravy is delicious.I had all the ingredients on hand and have made it many times to everyone's delight.
Jan 10, 2014
Smells heavenly while cooking.
Oct 1, 2013
Very good and easy but you do have to plan ahead because these are not ingredients that people will have on hand.
Dec 17, 2012
I made this recipe when it first came out in Taste of Home in 1994 and made it for years. I lost the recipe and I am very happy to find it again. It was a favorite with all that tried it.
Dec 15, 2011
Have made similar recipe many times using Oj instead of cranberry juice, no sugar, and cinnamon as spice. I never found it necessary to thicken sauce. Also added chopped onion and mushrooms.
Nov 3, 2011
This was excellent. The meat was tender and had lots of flavor. The sauce/gravy was really tasty.
Aug 2, 2011
So quick and I usually have these ingredients on hand. The pork was moist and full of flavor! I cannot count how many times I have made this, but it was an instant favorite!
May 28, 2011
This was absolutely delicious, the sauce was super on mashed potatoes. Have already made it again, hubby loves it.
May 4, 2011
Easy to make and delicious! Will make again, probably cut down on ground cloves a bit. Pork was melt-in-your-mouth tender, juicy and good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.