Rosemary Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place first six ingredients and 1/4 cup broth in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place roast in an ungreased roasting pan, fat side up, reserving marinade in bag. Add remaining broth to reserved marinade; pour over roast. Sprinkle roast with salt. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 1 to 1-1/4 hours.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, skim fat from pan juices. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 256 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jan 1, 2015
Very dry even though I was careful to not overcook the loin.
Feb 13, 2012
This is a standby in our household. Leftovers make wonderful sandwiches!
Feb 5, 2011
I've been making this for years. It is great and is the most flavorful pork roast that I have ever made!
Jan 5, 2011
This pork roast is absolutely wonderful! The flavor is amazing. I did find that it's easy to overcook this, so pay attention to that meat thermometer. I've made this for Christmas dinner for the past several years, and everyone always enjoys it.
Jan 4, 2008
We made this rosemary pork roast for a family gathering and it was an amazing hit. People couldn't get over the flavour! It was worth every bite.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.