Pork Chops with Parmesan Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in butter over medium heat until meat juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 244 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sep 28, 2012
Very easy to make and so tasty. This whips up very quickly. Simple tasty meal for weeknights and for a special occasion for that matter. A keeper.
Feb 26, 2012
Jun 23, 2010
I didn't like this recipe; it was too bland for me.
May 14, 2010
As far as ease, this is about as easy as it can get! High marks for that. It was tasty as well, although my sauce was a little more like a spreadable consistency than saucy. I did add additional milk and parmesan to thin it out and that helped a little. Probably operator error - heat too high or something. Overall very tasty, and my husband enjoyed it too!
Apr 4, 2010
I used a pork roast instead, cooked it in a slow cooker and made a double batch of sauce to go with the roast. It was really good and I think I will try the sauce with other dishes.
Mar 24, 2010
Very tasty! I used bone in loin chops and finely chopped onion that I sauteed in the drippings before adding the milk. Fast weekday meal that I'll definitely make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.