Prosciutto-Pepper Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, cut in half
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Top each pork chop with prosciutto, red peppers and cheese. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 237 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 22, 2019
Wonderful and so pretty! Wish I had taken a picture of it.....lovely enough for company and so easy!
Sep 18, 2019
We really liked this meal. It was fast and pretty simple to prepare. It was very good.
Feb 18, 2015
Love this! Really easy and very delicious.
Aug 1, 2013
Simple and yet fantastic enough for company.
Oct 2, 2011
Very good and super easy to make!
Aug 16, 2011
I love when healthy dishes taste good AND are quick and easy to make! I roasted my own peppers and used prosciutto. The presentation was beautiful and looked like I spent a lot more time on it than I did. I will definitely be making this again and again!
Mar 27, 2011
Doubled recipe for a party, presented it on big platter, it looked so pretty. Fabulous flavor , stayed moist, very elegant. It's a keeper...
Feb 22, 2011
This recipe is amazing! It was so simple... I served it to guest and they thought I was a chef. They could not believe how easy it was!
Oct 20, 2010
I made this a few month ago, and misplaced the recipe. Very happy to have found it again, and I will be making it tonight! Very simple, and tasty!
Oct 15, 2010
I cannot believe no one else has rated this. It was amazing. Really this dish rocks!!!!