Italian Rubbed Pork Chops
A perky garlic and herb rub adds pizzazz to these juicy chops that will have everyone at the table licking their lips. "They're special enough for company, too...and so easy to prepare," notes Kathleen Taugher of East Troy, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over pork chops. Place in a 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake uncovered, at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 149 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Italian Rubbed Pork Chops in Light & Tasty February/March 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.