Italian Pork Hoagies
"I like to prepare these quick toasted sandwiches whenever I have extra pork," writes Jackie Hannahs. The Fountain, Michigan cook spreads pizza sauce over hoagie buns before adding sliced pork, Italian salad dressing and mozzarella cheese.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 12 slices cooked pork (1/4 inch thick and 2 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place bottom and top halves of buns, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce on the bottom half of each bun. Top with pork; drizzle with salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops of buns are lightly toasted. Replace bun tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 557 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 43g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Italian Pork Hoagies in Quick Cooking September/October 2002