Hot Ham Hoagies
These satisfying sandwiches have a delicious hearty filling. "They're simple to prepare," assures Millersburg, Ohio field editor Maudie Raber, "and great for a gathering, too."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- Lettuce leaves and sliced tomato, onion and Swiss cheese
- 6 hoagie or submarine buns, split
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese; top with ham mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 324 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1560mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Hot Ham Hoagies in Taste of Home April/May 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.