Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6-8 main dish or 16-20 appetizer servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns, split or 16 to 20 mini buns
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, onion, poppy seed, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until well blended. Add ham and cheese; mix well.
- Divide evenly among buns. Place in a shallow baking pan and cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Apr 26, 2014
Feb 1, 2014
I had prepared these ham buns when the recipe first was featured in my TOH recipe book and I had adjusted the recipe as follows: I chopped the onion I used, rather than grated it and I used 2 tsp. spicy brown mustard. Dijon mustard can be used instead! I used shreddedCheddar cheese. I admit that when I made these ham buns, I LOVED them! I devoured them!They were so tasty! This was a long time back when I'd made these ham buns, but at that time, I didn't have access to a computer to rate recipes! delowenstein
May 18, 2011
This is so easy. My kids love it. Great for leftover ham.
Jan 16, 2010
I thought these were good, unfortunately my kids didn't.
Dec 27, 2009
I made these many years ago, and I could hardly fill the buns because I couldn't stop eating the filling! Insanely delicious. I used small hard rolls, and they turned out beautiful.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.