Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6-8 main dish or 16-20 appetizer servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns, split or 16 to 20 mini buns
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, onion, poppy seed, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until well blended. Add ham and cheese; mix well.
- Divide evenly among buns. Place in a shallow baking pan and cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 26, 2014
Feb 1, 2014
I had prepared these ham buns when the recipe first was featured in my TOH recipe book and I had adjusted the recipe as follows: I chopped the onion I used, rather than grated it and I used 2 tsp. spicy brown mustard. Dijon mustard can be used instead! I used shreddedCheddar cheese. I admit that when I made these ham buns, I LOVED them! I devoured them!They were so tasty! This was a long time back when I'd made these ham buns, but at that time, I didn't have access to a computer to rate recipes! delowenstein
May 18, 2011
This is so easy. My kids love it. Great for leftover ham.
Jan 16, 2010
I thought these were good, unfortunately my kids didn't.
Dec 27, 2009
I made these many years ago, and I could hardly fill the buns because I couldn't stop eating the filling! Insanely delicious. I used small hard rolls, and they turned out beautiful.