Mary Ann Simkus, Hampshire, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp and onion is tender; drain on paper towels.
- Prepare roll mix according to package directions. Turn the dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Divide dough into 18 pieces. On a floured surface, roll out each piece into a 5-in. circle. Top each with 1 tablespoon of bacon filling. Fold dough around filling, shaping each piece into a small loaf; pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cover loosely with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray. Let rise in a warm place for 20-30 minutes.
- Brush egg over buns. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.