Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar and baking powder; cut in butter. Combine eggs, vanilla and milk; add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Add raisins. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over buns. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 154 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 8, 2011
Is it just me or do these "buns" look more like cookies?
Dec 1, 2010
I made this today from scratch and my husband and I loved it! It goes well with tea, coffee and/or cappuccino.
Aug 13, 2010
I make this recipe and add 1/2 cup choped pecans or black walnut chips for a change of pace. They also store well in storage bags to use as snacks anytime.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.