Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together first four ingredients. Add muffin mix; stir just until moistened. Fold in ham and green onions. Fill eight greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with cheese. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 muffins: 186 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 4, 2018
Very tasty. I added the cheese right to the batter. I am going to try these with pre-cooked breakfast sausage or crumbled bacon.
Jan 3, 2018
This brought a smile to my face when I saw this recipe as my kids grew up on this recipe. I liked serving it with tomato soup Besides using a muffin tin, this can easily be made in a 9 x 9 pan. I also used prepared mustard instead of the dried mustard. I love the extra kick it gives.
Jan 6, 2013
Easy breakfast food for my family on the go. Next time, I will add the cheese right to the batter.