Ham Potato Puffs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup. In a large bowl, combine the ham, potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, parsley and garlic powder.
- Spoon 1/4 cup into each prepared cup. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. If desired, sprinkle with minced fresh parsley. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 165 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 16, 2012
I make this every week now! Great for throwing in a sandwich bag running out the door in the morning. I have altered the recipe to use not only ham, but turkey, sausage, and other meats!
Oct 16, 2011
Fabulous! I use this every time I make mashed potatoes. I have breakfast covered for at least three days, and for a busy student this is a life saver. I find they taste mostly like the mash, and I love it! Going to try it with bacon instead of ham because we don't keep ham regularly.
Oct 16, 2011
These were OK but not great; a bit too salty for my taste.
Jan 8, 2010
My daughter had these for Christmas Day Brunch. Everyone loved them! I am making them this week-end for company. Wonderful.Followed recipe exactly.