Swiss Potato Puffs
Encourage guests to mingle by serving these cute little morsels. They’re transportable, mess-free and easy to eat in a few bites.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the flour and potato flakes; slowly stir into pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in cheese.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 potato puff: 37 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Potato-Cheese Puffs in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.