Ham & Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 1-1/2 hours Bake: 25 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup cubed deli ham
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, onion, celery and red pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Set aside. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in the ham mixture, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 578 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 7g fiber), 25g protein.
May 8, 2016
Loved this recipe as is - served it with a salad which made for a complete meal. Could change it up in many different ways. Very satisfying!
Aug 15, 2015
Really tasty. We made as a main dish and served with a salad. Prep work did seem a bit much but worth it.
Feb 24, 2013
I love stuffed twice baked taters,I always put green onions in mine cuz thats the way I like them,lots of flavor and bacon,cheese,and what ever else,it makes for a big potato when done,so I cut it in half,its only my husband and myself so 1 potato does the trick..You can put anything you like in one,veggies are good also!!
Feb 23, 2013
to scoop out the baked potato use the larger end of a melon ball tool . . .
Feb 25, 2012
We love this recipe - definitely a filling meal! Very flavourful and definitely cheesy! This is one of our favourite holiday meals. Nice and easy!
Nov 15, 2010
I agree with daisey5....cut the potatoes in half.....they are easier to work with that way. I love that these can be varied to taste.
Sep 12, 2010
These tasted good but next time I will cut them in half to make it easier to scoop the potatoe.
Jan 3, 2010
Too much work, with not alot of flavor