Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or chives
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks. Add potatoes, Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion and garlic powder; mix well. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into the potato mixture. Brush eight muffin cups or small ramekins generously with melted butter. Divide potato mixture into cups. Brush remaining butter over potatoes. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 potato puff: 106 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 9, 2011
theses are dry and tasteless.they need alot of jazzing up.we tried another batch and we added italine dressing mix and we didn't whip the egg whites we just whipped the eggs until light and fluffy.
Feb 23, 2010
A light potato flavor. Good seasonings. Slightly dry, but will make again.
Jan 12, 2010
I made these potatoes as a side for some rosemary chicken. They turned out wonderful and little did I know, but I made a food my husband loved during a trip to Germany. Bonus points.
Dec 26, 2008
12/24/208 - I had high expectations for this recipe but it turned out very dry and I'm not sure why. Maybe the egg whites? The flavor was good though so I may try the recipe again.