Cheesy Ham & Potato Packet
I found the technique for grilling ham, potatoes and cheese in foil and changed the recipe for our tastes. It’s a dandy way to use leftover ham. —Molly Bishop, McClure, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed deli ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with green pepper, onion and pepper; place in center of a greased 24x18-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Fold foil around vegetables and crimp edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from grill. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Add ham; sprinkle with cheese. Grill opened packet, covered, 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 341 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1040mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Ham and Potato Packet in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.