Hearty Ham and Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or process American cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes; stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; pour over the ham mixture and stir until combined. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 377 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
May 1, 2018
One of my goto recipes to use up ham
Sep 9, 2014
Very easy, inexpensive delicious casserole! A great way to use leftover ham!
Apr 11, 2012
My whole family enjoyed this recipe and it was a good way to use leftover ham.
Dec 27, 2009
This is a great recipes to make especially with ham left over from holidays. You can easily make it when at night when everyone has gone home and then freeze it for a later dinner the following week so you don't get burned out on leftovers.