Ham and Potatoes Au Gratin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups sliced peeled potatoes, cooked
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, combine potatoes, ham and onion; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Add cheese, salt and pepper; stir until the cheese is melted. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to mix.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 872 calories, 59g fat (37g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 2526mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Jul 20, 2014
This was delish, all I did was add a few more onions. I will be making this again & again.
May 11, 2011
The picture shown does not belong to this recipe. It belongs to Ham 'n' Potato Au Gratin, from Country Woman Jan/Feb 97,pg.35.
Jan 19, 2010
Loved it! For the finely chopped onion, I chopped the tops of a whole green onion - Added color and flavor. Very easy to make.